Sales Director, Slashdot Media (B2B Digital Media and Lead Gen)
REQUIRED – Please only apply if you have experience selling Lead Gen in the past 1 year.
Slashdot Media is a global leader in professional technology communities serving over 40 Million viewers and serving over 150 Million page views each month to an enthusiastic and engaged audience of IT professionals, buyers, decision makers, influencers, developers and enthusiasts around the world.
We’re seeking a highly motivated, experienced & professional inside Sales Director with a hunter mentality responsible for generating new business through the sale of demand generation (market and sales ready leads) and high volume digital display advertising (CPM, CPC) to medium and large businesses nationally. This individual must have previous sales experience in digital media or a related industry, possess strong persuasive & organizational skills, passion, exceptional written and oral communication & presentation skills, be detail oriented, aggressive in exceeding sales goals, and have a strong desire to succeed. The position will work remotely and involve periodic travel to client locations and occasional trade shows or events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive new business through prospecting, hunting and cold calling and selling our digital media products and solutions to medium and large businesses, multi-division enterprise sized clients and online advertising agencies;
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of all products, pricing, proposal & insertion order components, product demonstration tools etc.;
- Create proposals in response to client RFPs (typically in Excel) under tight deadlines including identifying prospect needs;
- Execute sales tactics with prospects through entire sales cycle including follow up for incremental revenue and repeat, recurring business;
- Use Salesforce to track client and prospect activity and revenue projections & forecasts;
- Work closely with assigned Campaign Manager;
- Consistently meet or exceed all activity and revenue goals.
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- A persuasive, competitive sales hunter and closer;
- Loves the phone… relying on email is not enough, must love using the phone;
- Minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated success in an inside or outside sales goal/quota carrying capacity in the tech sector for online media, demand gen, online display advertising or closely related industry;
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills essential; the ability to build relationships within a company and the ability to set a sales strategy to develop new business as well as incremental sales with existing clients;
- Aptitude in building an account base;
- Experience in the tech space a plus;
- High level of enthusiasm, passion, natural competiveness and strong desire to succeed;
- Extraordinary persuasion skills and ability to handle objections skillfully;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Excellent perception & problem solving skills; Ability to quickly recognize opportunities;
- Ability to work independently;
- Proficiency in sales automation, CRM systems (we use Salesforce), Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Apple versions OK) is required;
- Willingness to learn new products and develop new market segments;
- Must have a extraordinary work ethic, passion for digital media space, coachable, quick leaner; flexible, ability to work well with others in team environment;
- Resourceful and a “never to be denied” attitude when it comes to success;
- Strong motivation to make money;
- Desire to provide feedback on new product ideas and enhancements;
- BA or BS degree required.
Base salary, generous commission & bonus plan (six-figure opportunity), health.
Slashdot Media, a BIZX, LLC company, is a global leader in professional technology communities reaching a monthly audience of over 40 million IT professionals, developers and enthusiasts around the world. Our trusted properties – Slashdot and SourceForge – provide tools, software and forums where IT professionals & developers from the world’s largest companies to small and medium-sized firms collaborate and discuss technology news and products with their peers. Recognized as the largest and most trusted destination for Open Source Software discovery, development and distribution on the web, IT professionals & developers rely on SourceForge to develop, review, and publish open source software for further community collaboration and end user download. Slashdot (/.) is a vibrant online community that features technology-centric news and discussion and has been pioneering user-generated content, industry-expert dialogue and social media since 1997. Slashdot is “News for Nerds. Stuff that Matters.” For advertisers, Slashdot Media offers advertisers’ unique high engagement opportunities through content marketing, lead demand generation and high volume custom display advertising.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
SlashDot Media is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.